Do you remember what life was like before the pound sign was referred to as a hashtag? Or when the acronym “FF” stood for fast forward? Social media has become an invaluable tool for B2B marketers, allowing them to connect with buyers, spread brand awareness and generate leads. However, the majority of B2B organizations have yet to master the art of social media. Without this piece of the marketing puzzle in place, your business will miss many opportunities to connect with consumers.
So, if you’re having trouble navigating the sea of social networks, it’s time you got schooled on the musts of social media:
- Have a strategy: You wouldn’t launch a new product campaign without a solid strategy in place, would you? The same goes for social media. It’s important to set clear objectives and targeted goals. Most importantly, don’t forget to measure the ROI of your social media efforts.
- It’s not a one-size-fits-all approach: There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to social media. Find out what type of content resonates most with each platform’s audience. The more you understand your audience, the more targeted (and effective) your content will be. Be sure to leverage updated, comprehensive data for insight into customers and their specific needs and preferences to effectively engage them.
- Chose the platform that makes sense to your company: Just because Instagram has more users than Facebook, that doesn’t mean it’s right for your business. Every social network is different; it’s your job to understand which platform will yield the most success.
- Don’t be MIA: What’s worse than posting too much? Not posting enough.Don’t neglect your followers. Budget enough time during your day to update each platform. The key to generating leads is getting your brand noticed and heard.
- Have a purpose: Don’t tweet or post just for the fun of it. Whether it’s promoting your latest white paper or an event, make sure there’s a purpose to your post. If it doesn’t add value, users will have no reason to connect with you.
With social media part of consumers’ daily lives, it’s just as important to regularly engage target audiences through appropriate social channels as it is through more traditional means like email and events. With good data, B2B marketers can easily determine who to reach with which content through which platform and when. By coming up with a solid social strategy, B2B marketers will be able to get their messages out regularly and easily – creating a stronger relationship with customers and prospects to ultimately boost business results. So what’s stopping you? Get on board with #socialmediamarketing.